The Taglines

“The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.”

Yes, definitely. So, since I finally figured out how to change the taglines, I’ll update them, probably every couple days, with relevant or semi-relevant quotes. And then I’ll store the old ones here, assuming I can edit the post, so I don’t forget which I’ve already used.

“Everyone’s a pacifist between wars. It’s like being a vegetarian between meals.” ~Colman McCarthy

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind… War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.” ~John F. Kennedy

“My maternal grandfather was the toughest guy I ever knew. World War Two veteran. Killed twenty men then spent the rest of the war in an Allied prison camp.” ~Dwight K. Schrute

“In War There Are No Unwounded Soldiers.” ~Jose Narosky

“As Abraham Lincoln once said… If you are a racist I will attack you with the North.” ~Michael Scott

“‘Sherman’s March’ brought to you in part by Lincoln.” ~car commercial on the history channel

“Sometime they’ll give a war and nobody will come.” ~Carl Sandburg

“There are no atheists in foxholes” isn’t an argument against atheism, it’s an argument against foxholes.  ~James Morrow

“Having seen all things red/ Their eyes are rid/ Of the hurt of the color of blood forever.” ~Wilfred Owen

“One of the most brutal things in the world is your average ninteen-year-old American boy.” ~Anon.

“Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it.” – George Patton

“No event in American history is more misunderstood than the Vietnam War. It was misreported then, and it is misremembered now.” ~Richard M. Nixon

“In revealing the workings of government that led to the Vietnam War, the newspapers nobly did precisely that which the Founders hoped and trusted they would do.” ~Hugo L. Black

Published in:Uncategorized |on August 31st, 2008 |2 Comments »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

2 Responses to “The Taglines”

1. Reverend Says:

Loving that UMW ingenuity. There i much to hack around with in UMW Blogs, go for it. The plugins and widgets are basically like erector sets for tech geeks 🙂

2. jmcclurken Says:

Creative (and topical) use of your blog space. Nice.